Blackbird Golf Apparel Company was born out of obligation. An obligation to be vocal through our brand about the lack of diversity and financial barriers in the game of golf. Our brand believes that every person deserves an equal opportunity to showcase their talents on their chosen platforms.
We are extremely proud to partner with the Cameron Champ Foundation, a nonprofit charity who is committed to unlocking potential and transforming the lives of youth from underserved and underrepresented communities.. With our efforts combined, we will offer $2,500 scholarships annually to students from diverse backgrounds. The award will be renewable for up to 4 years ($10,000 in total value) as we seek to provide our youth with dependable and sustainable support over the long run.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Deadline July 2023
- Must be a graduating high school senior (2020-2021 school year)
- Complete and submit the application on time without exception
- Unofficial high school transcript (should include your GPA) there is not a GPA minimum for this application
- ACT/SAT scores (optional but highly recommended)
- Student must reside and attend a high school in Bexar County
- Acceptance letter from an accredited 2 or 4 year college/university/institution (copy must be enclosed with application)
- One Letter of Recommendation (LOR) completed by a Teacher, Counselor, Community Service Supervisor, Faith-Based Service, Supervisor, Employer, or adult who has personal knowledge about your skills, character or achievements. The LORs must include your potential to be successful in college; and have contact numbers, e-mail address, and full name
- Resume to include but not limited to, work and or volunteer experience, extra-curricular, skills, awards, and activities